Monday, January 14, 2013

What I heard at school today...

I keep telling people that I overhear some hilarious conversations between preschoolers, so I've decided to try to report some of what I hear at school to this blog.  Here is what I overheard today:

Dakota: Kristi, I don't know who will marry me when I get older.  When I'm older and I want to marry a man, because I'm a woman and we're going to have a baby.
Kristi: Well...sometimes we have to wait for a long time before we meet the person we want to marry.
Dakota:  I don't want to wait too long.  Coltrane, will you marry me when I am an adult?
Coltrane:  Umm...uh.  I think I'm gonna have a different wife, Dakota.
Dakota:  Nolan, will you marry me when I get to be an adult?
Nolan: I am just a boy and boys can't get married.
Dakota:  Sasha, will you marry me?
Sasha:  Sure.  We can live in New York.  I can live upstairs and you can live downstairs.
Dakota:  I don't want to live in New York!  I want to live in San Bruno.
Sasha:  Ok.
Dakota:  But I want us to live in the same city.
Sasha:  We can work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment